reflection (semester 1)

My class experience so far has been something I’m happy with. I’ve been very well organized and disciplined with fulfilling the timeline of due dates. I always try to follow the suggested progress point that is given in class, because being behind is not fun. I sometimes have struggled with coming up with a concept and knowing what I want to shoot for it. Actual assignments in Photoshop have been easier for me to complete because I find it easier to come up with an idea and create it. As for the actual quality within my photos, they range from good to just okay. Outside of class, I do enjoy capturing pictures, mostly through my Polaroid camera, but after that I’m not actively taking photos unless I’m out and about. The complexity of the assignment mostly determines how much planning I put into it. I tend to shoot the requirements especially if it’s a concept that I get stuck on. I want to experiment with different creative ideas and subjects but sometimes my schedule outside of this class gets busy and I end up going with an okay idea just to submit the project.

My commitment to this class has, for the most part, been high. I’m on time regularly and have very few absences. Although I may not always be working on a photography assignment, I’m usually working throughout the block unless I have nothing left to do. I would also say I use my class time wisely especially on projects that heavily rely on Photoshop. For the future, I definitely want to work on using stronger concepts. As well as produce work that is more compelling and makes sense. I know the type of photos I like to view by others so I want to find my style and create something I would enjoy looking at multiple times and not just once. 

A project I would really be interested in completing later this year would be creating your own magazine cover using Photoshop. We could shoot the cover photo and then import it into Photoshop to create our own magazine and use the brand/publishing company of our choice as the title. I feel like it could come out as a really cool concept and allow for us to see why certain people choose certain cover photos and the subtopics people would include if it were a full magazine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

letter to the past

Lost In The World Response