letter to the past



Dear Devan,

In order to be successful in creative photography, you have to put into more effort than you would have thought. When given a project you have to research ideas and then build off of them. At times when it may feel easier to go with a basic concept, you have to think outside of the box and approach the assignments differently. Making use of your time is very important especially with Photoshop heavy projects. You might not believe it, but cutting and editing photos can take awhile especially with a program you're fairly-new with.

One of my favorite and best projects so far has been the skeletonize yourself. The requirements were to choose from one of the 3 options and create a project that is a skeleton version of yourself. To create the image I decided I wanted to still have part of my face in it so I stuck to only doing half of my face. I took a selfie and imported it into Photoshop and played around with different overlays until I found something that I liked. Morphing the skeleton png was another task that I had to accommodate for. To come up with the final image, I shaped the skeleton to that specific part of my face, recolored the image to make it black and white, and added small scratches and cracks to enhance the final product. Looking back, I don't think I would alter the image in any way. I'm very pleased and proud of how the final product turned out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost In The World Response